Jose Chacon - University of Extremadura Department of Mathematics
General Exam - PDL C-301
|Faculty Position Open||Applications are invited for a full-time Tenure-Track Assistant or Associate Professor full-time, multi-year, 9-month service period appointment in the Department of Statistics at the University of Washington. Information on how to apply|
|Joint Faculty Position Open||Applicants are invited to apply for open-rank tenured or tenure-track faculty position jointly in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering and the Department of Statistics at the University of Washington. This position will also participate in the UW eScience Institute. Information on how to apply|
|ASA Publication Awards||Congratulations to Amanda Koepke for winning the Young Investigator Award, Jason Xu for winning the Biometrics section student travel award, and Maryclare Griffin for winning the 2015 Student Paper from the GS/SS/SMR sections. The awards were given by the American Statistical Association.|
|Sloan Award||Emily Fox, Amazon Professor of Machine Learning, has been selected as a 2015 Sloan Fellow for research in computer science. The Sloan Fellowship is a prestigious award for young sciencetists in the fields of science, economics, mathematics, and computer science.|
|NIH Award||Elena Erosheva and Carole Lee, a collaborator from the Department of Philosophy, has been announced as the winner of the first prize for the most creative idea submitted to the NIH's center for sciencetific review to detect bias in peer review. Details can be found here.|
|Spring Quarter Courses||111, 220, 221, 311. 342, 390, 391, 395A, 395B 396, 403, 498, 499, 518, 520, 523, 524, 527, 529, 533, 534, 539, 548, 550, 559, 560, 564, 572, 578, 579, 583, 590, 599|
- Current Department of Statistics seminar series schedule with abstracts.
- Statistical Consulting Services
- For UW faculty, staff and students.
- Center for Statistical Consulting (in-depth analysis and collaborative consultations)
- Award Recipients
- Past recipients of D.M. Gilford Teaching Assistant and Z.W. Birnbaum awards and other faculty and student awards.
- Support the Statistics Department
- Donate to the Department of Statistics via Campaign UW.
- World of Statistics
- The World of Statistics--the successor to the highly successful International Year of Statistics (Statistics2013) campaign celebrated in 2013--is a global network of more 2,350 organizations worldwide. Newsletters are posted here.