Dan Cooley - Colorado State University
|Department Employment Opportunity||Applications are invited for a full-time Tenure-Track Assistant or Associate Professor full-time, multi-year, 9-month service period appointment in the Department of Statistics at the University of Washington. Applicants must have their Ph.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) by the start of the appointment. Duties of this appointment include research, undergraduate and graduate teaching in statistics, and service. Information on how to apply|
|Prestigious Prize||Elena Erosheva and Carole Lee, a collaborator from the Department of Philosophy, have recently been announced as the winners of the first prize for the most creative idea submitted to the NIH's center for the scientific review contest to detect bias in peer review. Further details can be found here|
|Prestigious Publication||The article "World population stabilization unlikely this century," coauthored by Adrian Raftery, Hana Ševčíková, and department alumni Leontine Alkema, Bailey Fosdick, Jennifer Chunn and Nevena Lalic, was published in Science.|
|Fulbright Awardee||Thomas Richardson has been awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to visit University of Buenos Aires and Torcuato di Tella University in Argentina from September - December 2014.|
|Fall Quarter Courses||220, 221, 311, 321, 340, 390, 394A, 394B, 421, 491, 502, 509, 512, 516, 521, 535, 536, 551, 570, 578, 581, 590|
- Current Department of Statistics seminar series schedule with abstracts.
- Statistical Consulting Services
- For UW faculty, staff and students.
- Center for Statistical Consulting (in-depth analysis and collaborative consultations)
- Award Recipients
- Past recipients of D.M. Gilford Teaching Assistant and Z.W. Birnbaum awards and other faculty and student awards.
- Support the Statistics Department
- Donate to the Department of Statistics via Campaign UW.
- World of Statistics
- The World of Statistics--the successor to the highly successful International Year of Statistics (Statistics2013) campaign celebrated in 2013--is a global network of more 2,350 organizations worldwide. Newsletters are posted here.