Department of Statistics Home

Who's who in the department

Got a problem? Use the tables below to find out whom to contact.

Computing Related Problems

For computing problems, help@stat is generally the place to go. That address is monitored by the computing staff. Chances are someone will either be able to help you or will know where to send you.

  • Be sure to send the help folks a detailed description of your problem!
  • help@stat is only for Stat-related computing. Please don't ask questions about your home computer (unless they pertain to Stat somehow, e.g., "why can't I connect to madrid?").
  • Be sure to follow up with the computing staff—if they resolve your problem let them know. (Doesn't hurt to thank them either...)
Software (memory leaks, margin problems, etc.):
E-mail: Contact
Webpage: Try the software support page.
Hardware (cords, cables, screen cleaners etc):
E-mail: Contact
Xterm crashes, network problems, quota etc:
E-mail: Contact
Webpage: Try the Computing page and the software support page.
Whom do we contact about computer purchases?
Email, login or password questions:
E-mail: Contact
Webpage: Try the Computing page as well.
Getting a web directory (for your web site)
E-mail: Contact
Getting your web page linked to the main site
E-mail: Contact the webmaster (
Setting up class email/archive page/course page:
E-mail: Contact
Webpage for ASLab: MSCC Lab.

Academic Problems

Consulting schedule:
Person: Kate Reinking (Stat Office)
Help with registration, scheduling of finals, generals, prelims:
Person: Ellen Reynolds (B3099)
Publishing technical reports:
Web sites: Information in this guide or email the webmaster

Administrative Problems

Change contact information, seminar/exam notices:
Person: Kate Reinking (Stat Office)
Booking stat department rooms (eg C301):
Person: Kate Reinking (Stat Office)
Booking non-stat rooms (for exams, seminars, discussions etc):
Person: Ellen Reynolds (B309)
Payroll questions:
Person: [an error occurred while processing this directive]

Teaching Problems

Who is the lead TA?
Person: Aaron Zimmerman

Other Problems

Who organizes the social activities?
How do I become a grader?
Person: Kate Reinking (Stat Office)
If you want to bring something up with the Faculty:
  Speak to them directly or talk to the GSR, who represents the students at Faculty meetings (among numerous other duties).
What is GPSS? Who are our senators?
  GPSS is the official student government for graduate and professional students at the University of Washington. Visit their site for more information.
What's this union thing?
  The graduate student union, formally known as the Graduate Student Employee Action Coalition (GSEAC), was formed in 2004. The details of the contract between the UW and the Graduate Student Union are here. You are not required to join the union, but you are required to pay dues. (If you are not a member of the union, you pay reduced dues.) You should receive literature in the mail about the union at the start of each year.