Reports, manuscripts, and recent published papers
(This material is based upon work supported in part by the
National Science Foundation
under Grants DMS-9532039, DMS-0203320,
DMS-0503822, DMS-0804587, DMS-1104832, and DMS-1566514.)
Efron's monotonicity property for measures on $R^2$.
With Adrien Saumard.
A sharp multiplier inequality with applications to heavy-tailed regression problems.
With Qiyang (Roy) Han.
With Nilanjana Laha.
The Bennett-Orlicz norm.
Mode constrained estimation of a log-concave density.
With Charles Doss.
Inference for the mode of a log-concave density.
With Charles Doss.
Multivariate convex regression: global risk bounds and adaptation.
With Qiyang Han.
Confidence bands for distribution functions:
a new look at the law of the iterated logarithm.
With Lutz Duembgen.
On the Hermite spline conjecture and its connection to $k$-monontone densities.
With Fadoua Balabdaoui and Simon Foucart.
Convergence of linear functionals of the Grenander estimator under misspecification.
With Hanna K. Jankowski.   Technical Report 598, July 2012.
Estimation of Mean Residual Life.
With W. J. Hall. (revised version of an unpublished paper from 1979).
On longest increasing subsequences and random Young tableaux:
experimental results and recent theorems.
Jon Wellner. Posted 4/5/2002.
Data posted 4/5/2002.
Nonparametric estimation of the lifetime and disease
onset distributions for a survival - sacrifice model.
Eduardo Gomes, Piet Groeneboom, and Jon A. Wellner.
Posted August 27, 2001.
Special Topics Course 593C: Nonparametric Estimation
for Inverse Problems:
Algorithms and Asymptotics. Piet Groeneboom, Technical Report 344,
Small Sample Distributions
of the Area Statistics A_n^+ and A_n: Some Problems.
Antonio E. Gomes and Jon A. Wellner.
Technical Report 309, July 1996.
Bootstrapping Z - estimators.
Jon A. Wellner and Yihui Zhan.
Technical Report 308, July 1996.
Finite Sampling Exponential Bounds.
Evan Greene (Statistics), Ph.D. Thesis, July 2016.
Post-doctoral research, FHCRC, Seattle, Washington.
Weighted likelihood estimation under two-phase sampling.
Takumi Saegusa (Biostatistics), Ph.D. Thesis,
[Post-doctoral research, Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington.
- Convex analysis methods in shape-constrained estimation.
Arseni Seregin (Statistics), Ph.D. Thesis, May 2010.
[Vice President, Goldman Sachs, New York]
- Nonparametric estimation of multivariate monotone densities.
Marios Pavlides (Statistics),
Ph.D. Thesis, June 2008. [Lecturer, Queen's University, Belfast]
- Nonparametric estimation for current status data with competing risks.
Marloes Maathuis, Ph.D. Thesis, June 2006.
[Currently Assistant Professor of Statistics, ETH, Zurich.]
- Goodness-of-fit tests via phi-divergences.
Leah Jager, Ph.D. Thesis, June 2006.
[Currently Assistant Scientist, Department of Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health).]
- Semiparametric marginal mean models for multivariate counting processes.
Hao Liu, Ph.D. Thesis, June 2004
- Nonparametric estimation of a k-monontone density: a new asymptotic
Ph. D. Thesis, May 2004. [Currently Assistant Professor of Statistics, Universite Paris-Dauphine.]
- Estimation with bivariate interval-censored data.
Shuguang Song, Ph.D. Thesis, December 2001.
- Information bounds and efficient estimates for two-phase designs
with lifetime data.
Bin Nan, Ph.D. Thesis, 2000.
[Currently Professor of Biostatistics, University of Michigan.]
- Likelihood ratio inference in regular and non-regular problems.
Moulinath Banerjee, Ph.D. Thesis, 2000.
[Currently Professor of Statistics, University of Michigan.]
- A model selection approach to partially linear regression.
Florentina Bunea, Ph.D. Thesis, 2000.
[Currently Professor of Statistics, Cornell University.]
- Semiparametric inference based on estimating equations in regression
models for two phase outcome dependent sampling.
Nilajan Chatterjee, Ph.D. Thesis, 1999.
(Joint with Norm Breslow).
[Currently Chief, Biostatistics Branch, National Cancer Institute.]
- Lifetime and disease onset distributions from incomplete observations.
Eduardo Gomes, Ph.D. Thesis, 1999.
[Currently Professor of Statistics,
of Minas Gerais, Brazil.]
- Asymptotic Efficiency in Semiparametric Models with Non-i.i.d. Data.
Brad McNeney, Ph.D. Thesis, 1998.
[Currently Associate Professor of Statistics, Simon Fraser University,
Vancouver, British Columbia.]
- Estimation for Counting Processes with Incomplete Data.
Ying Zhang, Ph.D. Thesis, 1998.
[Currently Professor of Biostatistics,
University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.]
- Pseudo-maximum likelihood estimation for semiparametric models.
Huilin Hu, Ph.D. Thesis, 1998.
- Bootstrapping Functional M-Estimators,
Yihui Zhan, Ph.D. Thesis, 1996.
[Rosetta Biosoftware, Seattle, WA; email@example.com.]
- Estimation in Regression Models with Interval Censoring,
Jian Huang, Ph.D. Thesis, 1994.
Department of Statistics,
University of Iowa; firstname.lastname@example.org.]
- General-Weights Bootstrap of the Empirical Process,
Jens Thomas Praestgaard, Ph.D. Thesis, 1991.
[Currently Senior Statistician, Human Genome Sciences]
- Beyond the Cox Model: Extensions of the model and alternative estimators.
Peter Sasieni, Ph.D. Thesis, 1989.
[Researcher, Imperial Cancer Research Fund
Professor of Biostatistics and Cancer Epidemiology, Queen Mary and Westfield College]
- Estimation of Mixing Distributions.
Russell Millar, Ph.D. Thesis, 1989.
[Currently Associate Professor
Department of Statistics, University of Auckland, New Zealand:
- Kullback-Leibler estimation of probability measures
with an application to clustering.
Anne Sheehy, Ph.D. Thesis, 1987.
[Department of Biostatistics, University of Zurich,
Click here to return to Jon Wellner's
Click here to return to Jon Wellner's home page.