- Monday, April 6, 1998
- Roberto Altschul, Boeing Applied Statistics Group and Affiliate Associate Professor, Statistics Dept., UW
- "Statistics at the Boeing Company."
- Thomson 101 at 3:30 P.M.
Finbarr O'Sullivan has decided to stay in Cork,
Ireland, and resign his postition at the University of Washington,
Department of Statistics effective October 10, 1998. We thank him for
the contributions he has made to our department and wish him good luck
in the future.
Carlos Diaz Avalos and his wife have a new baby girl,
born at 1:00 a.m. on March 27, 1998, weighing 6 lbs. 12 oz. Her name
is Dahlia Yollotzin Diaz Gutierrez.
Out of Town:
- Jon Wellner
- 4/16 - 4/19, Lubbock, Texas; Symposium in honor of W. van Zwet
- 8/18 - 9/6, Prague and Berlin, meetings
- Elizabeth Thompson
- 4/1 - 4/2, Harvard School of Public Health
- 4/3 - 4/4, NRC CATS meeting, Washington D.C.
- 5/3 - 5/5, SWI, Madison, WI
- 5/6 - 5/10, Michigan Genome Center
- 5/10 - 5/16, Canadian Genetic Discussion Workshop, Montreal
- 6/21 - 6/23, 6th Purdue Symposium
- 6/24 - 6/28, BWF workshop, Berkeley, CA
- 6/28 - 7/1, WNAR meeting, San Diego, CA
- 7/1 - 7/2, PMB short course, Berkeley, CA
- David Poole
- 4/24 - 5/10, IWC meeting, Muscat, Oman
- 5/12 - 6/15, South Africa