- Monday, June 4 2001
- Claudia Czado, University of Technology, Munich, Germany.
- "State space mixed models for longitudinal observations with binary and binomial responses."
- SMI 102 at 3:30 P.M.
- Wednesday, June 6 2001
- Charles J. Stone, Department of Statistics, UC Berkeley.
- "Extended Linear Modeling with Splines."
- LOW 105 at 3:30 P.M.
- Thursday, May
- Jeremy Tantrum.
- "Model Based Document Clustering."
- Advisors: Alejandro Murua and Werner Stuetzle.
- ART 003 at 3:30 P.M.
Claudia Czado, Technische Universitat Muenchen, University of
Technology, Munich, will be visiting until September 15th,
2001, to do research with Adrian Raftery.
Graduate Student Representative:
Solly Sieberts has been elected to the position of Graduate
Student Representative for the Statistics Department for the 2001-2002
Out of Town
- Tilmann Gneiting
- 7/9-13, SIAM Annual Meeting, San Diego.
- Elizabeth Thompson
- 5/13-19, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- 6/4-7, NSCU Summer Statgen Inst.
- 6/10-14, SSC/WNAR/IMS Meeting, Vancouver, B.C.