This is a page I have set up to allow public access to
certain details about the course, September, 2014.
Note the priority is to get materials updated on Canvas for the
students in the course.
Info on this page may or may not
The Canvas web pages
For registered students who have found their way here:
The Canvas page for the course is
The only publicly viewable Canvas course page is the
syllabus, and the only information on the syllabus page is to link back
to this page.
Here is a draft schedule (updated September 23):
Text book and Aplia
The text book for the course is
- Mind on Statistics, 5th edition, Utts/Heckard, bundled with Aplia web resource.
- The text, homework, lab assignments will all be offered though the
from Cengage Learning.
- A bit more info about signing up for Aplia is
Temporary week-1 materials
Here are some files for those who cannot yet get to the Canvas course web site:
- Slides from first class: HERE
- Slides from second class: HERE
- The intro to R html file is HERE
- The intructions for the lab-1 assignment are
- And the R-code you need to run is