|Joint Faculty Position||The UW has launched a major effort focused on Data-Driven Discovery. In support of this effort, we are seeking candidates for one open-rank tenured or tenure-track faculty position jointly in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering and the Department of Statistics.|
|Faculty Award||Mathias Drton will give an IMS Medallion lecture at this summer's JSM in Boston.|
|New Courses in Sp14||STAT 593: Jon Wellner is teaching a special topics course in the Spring entitled, "Concentration Inequalities and Empirical Process Methods for High-Dimensional Statistics." The prerequisites are Stat 581-2-3 or Stat 521-2-3 (or concurrent registration in 583 or 523) or comparable, and an interest in high-dimensional statistics.|
|STAT 593B: Werner Stuetzle will be teaching "Cluster Analysis and Other Unsupervised Learning Methods" this spring. Prerequisites: Statistics at least at the level of Stat/Math 390, familiarity with Linear Algebra, some programming experience, and some previous exposure to pattern recognition.|
|BIOSTAT/EPI 555: Jon Wakefield will be teaching "Statistical Methods for Spatial Epidemiology". The prerequisites are previous exposure to regression modeling; the course will be a mixture of methodology and applied analyses.|
|Winter Quarter Courses||220, 221, 302, 311, 316, 341, 390, 394, 395, 423, 486, 495, 498, 499, 504, 513, 517, 538, 542, 548, 552, 556, 567, 571, 578, 582, 590, 599|
- Current Department of Statistics seminar series schedule with abstracts.
- Statistical Consulting Services
- For UW faculty, staff and students.
- Center for Statistical Consulting (in-depth analysis and collaborative consultations)
- Award Recipients
- Past recipients of D.M. Gilford Teaching Assistant and Z.W. Birnbaum awards and other faculty and student awards.
- Support the Statistics Department
- Donate to the Department of Statistics via Campaign UW.
- World of Statistics
- The World of Statistics--the successor to the highly successful International Year of Statistics (Statistics2013) campaign celebrated in 2013--is a global network of more 2,350 organizations worldwide. Newsletters are posted here.