|Joint Faculty Position||The UW has launched a major effort focused on Data-Driven Discovery. In support of this effort, we are seeking candidates for one open-rank tenured or tenure-track faculty position jointly in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering and the Department of Statistics.|
|Faculty Award||Mathias Drton will give an IMS Medallion lecture at this summer's JSM in Boston.|
|New Courses in Sp14||STAT 593: Jon Wellner is teaching a special topics course in the Spring entitled, "Concentration Inequalities and Empirical Process Methods for High-Dimensional Statistics." The prerequisites are Stat 581-2-3 or Stat 521-2-3 (or concurrent registration in 583 or 523) or comparable, and an interest in high-dimensional statistics.|
|STAT 593B: Werner Stuetzle will be teaching "Cluster Analysis and Other Unsupervised Learning Methods" this spring. Prerequisites: Statistics at least at the level of Stat/Math 390, familiarity with Linear Algebra, some programming experience, and some previous exposure to pattern recognition.|
|BIOSTAT/EPI 555: Jon Wakefield will be teaching "Statistical Methods for Spatial Epidemiology." The prerequisites are previous exposure to regression modeling; the course will be a mixture of methodology and applied analyses.|
|STAT/BIOSTAT 578: Galen Shorack will be teaching "Measure Theory for Statisticians." The course will focus on developing the basic results for the Lebesgue integral. Mathematical maturity (such as completing MATH 574) is encouraged.|
|Spring Quarter Courses||111, 220, 221, 311, 342, 390, 391, 394, 395, 396, 403, 495, 498, 499, 524, 527, 529, 530, 533, 534, 539, 550, 560, 564, 572, 576, 578, 579, 583, 590, 593A, 593B, 599|
- Current Department of Statistics seminar series schedule with abstracts.
- Statistical Consulting Services
- For UW faculty, staff and students.
- Center for Statistical Consulting (in-depth analysis and collaborative consultations)
- Award Recipients
- Past recipients of D.M. Gilford Teaching Assistant and Z.W. Birnbaum awards and other faculty and student awards.
- Support the Statistics Department
- Donate to the Department of Statistics via Campaign UW.
- World of Statistics
- The World of Statistics--the successor to the highly successful International Year of Statistics (Statistics2013) campaign celebrated in 2013--is a global network of more 2,350 organizations worldwide. Newsletters are posted here.