Statistical Analysis of Social Networks
MWF 10:30-11:20, SAV 166
Tue 9:30-10:20, PDL C301
- Peter Hoff ( pdhoff )
- C-319 Padelford
- Office Hours: Tue and Thu 10:30-11:30 or by appointment.
Please include "567" (without quotes) in any emails to allow for appropriate filtering.
- Yanjun He ( yanjunhe )
- C-312 Padelford
- Office Hours: Wed and Fri 1:30-2:30
- Week 10:
- Week 9:
- Week 8:
- Week 7:
- Reading: Notes, K 6.5.1, 6.5.2
- Week 6:
- Week 5:
- Reading: Notes, K 6.2, 6.5.1
- Homework 5: due Friday 2/13.
- Week 4:
- Reading: Notes, K 6.1, 6.2
- Homework 4: due Friday 2/6.
- Week 3:
- Reading: HR 7,8,10 ; K 4.2,4.3.
- Homework 3: due Friday 1/30.
- Week 2:
- Reading: HR 5,7 ; KC 3-4.1 ; K 3-4.1.
- Homework 2: due Friday 1/23.
- Week 1:
- Reading: HR 1-3 ; KC 1-2 ; K 1-2.
- Homework 1: due Friday 1/16.
- Representations of dyadic data
- matrix and graph representations
- descriptive network statistics and summaries
- Statistical inference for static, complete network data
- goodness of fit and hypothesis testing
- regression models
- random effect and latent variable models
- exponential family graph models
- Special topics:
- design and analysis of sampled or incomplete data
- dynamic data
- Seven or so homework assignments
- Late policy: Each turned in item receives an initial grade of
x, then the actual grade is y=x exp(-d/8), where d is
the number of days (including weekends) after the due date I receive the work.
Everyone receives one grace day to be applied to
one homework for the entire quarter.