Research group, Winter 2015Logistics:
Research group meets every second and fourth Wednesday from 4:30-6 in the WRF Data Science Studio. These meetings are open and we welcome visitors of all backgrounds! Please contact Tyler with any questions.
Schedule (usually posted 2 meetings in advance):
- January 14 (Tyler)
- Fafchamps, Marcel, and Flore Gubert. "The formation of risk sharing networks.'' Journal of Development Economics. 83.2 (2007): 326-350. Mostly motivation, important stuff in sections 2.1 and 2.2.
- T.G. Conley, "GMM estimation with cross sectional dependence." Journal of Econometrics, Volume 92, Issue 1, September 1999, Pages 1-45. Mostly a special case of the next paper, but is cited in the above.
- A. Colin Cameron, Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller (2011) Robust Inference With Multiway Clustering, Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, 29:2, 238-249, DOI: 10.1198/jbes.2010.07136. Main paper to check out for this time.
- January 28 (Richard Li)
- Chandrasekhar, Arun, and Matthew O. Jackson. "Tractable and consistent random graph models." arXiv preprint arXiv:1210.7375 (2012).
- February 11 (Thiago Costa)
- Borgs, C., et al. "Convergent sequences of dense graphs I: Subgraph frequencies, metric properties and testing." Advances in Mathematics 219.6 (2008): 1801-1851.
- Borgs, C., et al. "Convergent sequences of dense graphs II. Multiway cuts and statistical physics." Annals of Mathematics 176.1 (2012): 151-219.
- February 25 (Rebecca Ferrell)
- Barbieri, M, and J. O. Berger. "Optimal predictive model selection." Annals of Statistics (2004): 870-897.
- Farcomeni, Alessio. "Bayesian constrained variable selection." Statistica Sinica 20 (2010): 1043-1062.
- March 11 (Ted Westling)
- Ugander, J., Backstrom, L., Marlow, C., & Kleinberg, J. (2012). "Structural diversity in social contagion." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Ugander, J., Backstrom, L., & Kleinberg, J. (2013) "Subgraph frequencies: Mapping the empirical and extremal geography of large graph collections." In Proceedings of the 22nd international conference on World Wide Web, pp. 1307-1318.
- March 25
- Sping Break! Next meeting April 8.